I've published 15 games over the last 6 years. Here are a couple that I'm most proud of.
Ork is a game where you battle your way through different levels, fighting off hordes of enemies and upgrading your equipment along the way.
It was a good example of the power of generics and OOP design principles. For example, all of the monsters stem from the same basic class, including their animations. All I needed to do was swap out the graphics and put in a few new stats for hitting power and I had new monsters to fight. Nothing revolutionary about that, but it was early in my development career and I was starting to apply the principles I was learning in my degree program.
I coded the game in Objective C and made use of the SpriteKit API. I created the graphics in Inkscape and the music in Garageband.
This is a quick reaction game where you have to locate the correct part of an image that is missing.
This game was made after gaining a better understanding of texture mapping. I was able to randomly extract a portion of an image. Then, I presented it in four different orientations, only one of which could be the correct one. It was also a good example of the benefits of generic programming, as I was able to create new levels just by adding additional images to my app bundle.
I coded the game in Objective C and made use of the SpriteKit API. I created the graphics in Photoshop and the sound effects in Audacity and Garageband.
This is a game I made for my daughter (who was two at the time). You move the correct shapes to the part of the board where it fits into a slot, similar to the wooden board puzzles that you can buy for children.
Although the graphics leave a lot to be desired, I'm proud of this one because it addressed a need. I noticed my daughter was frustrated when playing similar games because they required you have only one finger on the screen at a time. This is impractical. For example, when they're holding the iPad with their other hand and their thumb touches the screen, the game is no longer playable. I made this game so that it would still respond even if you're using your entire hand on the screen.
I coded the game in Objective C and made use of the SpriteKit API. I created the graphics in Inkscape (I wish I had photoshop at the time) and the sound effects in Garageband.
I created this website using HTML5, CSS and Bootstrap. I made use of Adobe Dreamweaver as an IDE.
I'm currently redesigning oshan.ca (a whale tour company in Cape Breton) to have a responsive design. I will update when it is completed.
I created pawswithlaws.com using Adobe Muse for a Halifax based dog trainer.